Antioch Baptist Church


Just a few miles from Magnolia Baptist Church, one of Burnt Swamp Association’s original three members, another group of Baptist believers began to gather for worship. 
After several weeks of meetings, in December 1897 the Antioch Baptist
Church was organized with forty-four charter members and Rev. J.J. Blanks as
pastor.  The original members included:

On February 12, 1898 the church elected Bros. Abner Chavis, James H. Smith, and Nelson Smith as trustees.  In October of that same year, a new pastor, Rev. John J. Bell, was called.
  The original location of the first church is unknown but presumably near the current site. 
However, records indicate that in 1900 a one-acre lot was purchased for
$1.00 from W.H. and E.B. Rozier to become the permanent site for the
church.  One year later, October 1901, the first Sunday School was held in a new church facility constructed on the site. As with other Indian churches in the early years, times were difficult and the resources limited.  The church did not receive electricity until the mid 1940's.  Through the years, however, several remodeling projects have expanded the facility (with the first renovation

Antioch Baptist Church

 1237 Rozier Siding Rd

Saint Pauls NC 28384

 Rev. Clyde Freeman

Phone: 910-844-5757

Sunday Service 9:45am / Worship 11:00am